HotkeysNote： The Hotkeys listed here bound on their standard keys on the QWERTY keyboard. For other keyboards, default hotkeys are bound to the keys which are in the positions occupied by the following keys on the QWERTY keyboard (e.g., ‘ is bound to a champion’s 1st ability on the Dvorak keyboard).
|Key (QWERTY)||Key (AZERTY)||Description|
|Q||A||Use champion‘s 1st ability. For abilities that target a champion, you must follow this by either left-clicking the champion or pressing F1-F5 to target a team member. Same for W, E, and R.|
|W||Z||Use champion’s 2nd ability.|
|E||Use champion’s 3rd ability.|
|R||Use champion’s ultimate ability.|
|Ctrl+Q||Ctrl+A||Add an ability point to the champion’s 1st ability.|
|Ctrl+W||Ctrl+Z||Add an ability point to the champion’s 2nd ability.|
|Ctrl+E||Add an ability point to the champion’s 3rd ability.|
|Ctrl+R||Add an ability point to the champion’s ultimate ability.|
|Alt+Q orQ+F1||Alt+A orA+F1||Cast champion’s 1st ability on self (must be a support spell).|
|Alt+W orW+F1||Alt+Z orZ+F1||Cast champion’s 2nd ability on self (must be a support spell).|
|Alt+E or E+F1||Cast champion’s 3rd ability on self (must be a support spell).|
|Alt+R or R+F1||Cast champion’s ultimate ability on self (must be a support spell).|
|Shift+Q||Shift+A||Smart cast champion’s 1st ability.|
|Shift+W||Shift+Z||Smart cast champion’s 2nd ability.|
|Shift+E||Smart cast champion’s 3rd ability.|
|Shift+R||Smart cast champion’s 4th ability.|
|A or X or Shift+right click||Attack Move (Champion moves to point, stopping to attack any enemies along the way).|
|Alt+right click||Command Pet (E.g Tibbers).|
|S||Stop Command (Champion stops their current course of action).|
|H||Hold Command (Hold works like Stop, but is toggled while held down).|
|D||Cast 1st Summoner spell.|
|F||Cast 2nd Summoner spell.|
|Numbers (1 to 3 and 5 to 7)||Use consumable Item in corresponding inventory slot.|
|1-3 and 5-7||Use designated Active Ability Items.|
|Esc||Close current window, such as the shop.|
|M||,||Open Map for the current Field of Justice.|
|C||Open champion statistics page.|
|G||Toggle alert ping cursor.|
|Y||Lock camera on champion.|
|Space||Center camera on champion (holding Space will hold the camera on the champion until released).|
|O||Open match stats page/leaderboard.|
|Tab||Open match stats page/leaderboard (unlike O, the screen will disappear when the Tab button is released).|
|V||Toggle retreat ping cursor. Clicking with this hotkey on an allied champion (or their icon in the upper left area of the screen) will show an alert telling that specific champion to fall back.|
|Ctrl+L||Cycle through minion health bar views.|
|Shift+L||Turn off champion health bars.|
|Shift+K||Turn off summoner names above champion health bars.|
|P||Open item shop.|
|Arrow keys||Scroll camera in the corresponding direction.|
|Alt+left click||Ping location/Open Radial Menu.|
|Ctrl+left click||Retreat Ping location/Open Radial Menu.|
|F2-F5||Move camera to corresponding ally champion (camera must be unlocked).|
|F12||Take a screenshot.|
|Alt +||Removes HUD|
|Enter||Create chat cursor.|
|Shift+Enter||Open chat with “/all" already written.|
|Ctrl+F||Toggle the numeric frames-per-second and latency display.|
|Z||W||Open chat history.|
|~ (tilde key)||³||Allows you to select only champions when using champion abilities or summoner spells.|
- Many more hotkeys were listed by Rioter “HoHums" here, although many are for internal use only： http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=15644321#15644321
CommandsLeague of Legends in-game chat gives the possibility to perform some actions during the game：
|/help||Lists / commands and provides descriptions|
|/surrender or /ff||Starts vote for team surrender|
|/joke, /j or Ctrl+1||Plays Champion’s joke|
|/taunt, /t or Ctrl+2||Plays Champion’s taunt|
|/dance, /d or Ctrl+3||Starts the Champion dance sequence|
|/laugh, /l or Ctrl+4||Plays Champion’s laugh|
|/w or /msg “summoner name"||Will send a message to another player. Summoner names are case sensitive.|
|/r or /reply||Will send a message to the last player who sent you a message. Note that it will automatically add the recipient after /r.|
|/all||Will send a message to all players in the current match (useful if you forgot to press shift + enter).|
|/mute “summoner name"||Will mute all text from a player for the duration of your current game session.|
|/ignore “summoner name"||Will mute a player during this game session and all subsequent game sessions.|
File Location for Keybindings
|Please read this section completely if you want to change this file. It can mess up your keybindings if not done properly and it is wise to test the changes in a tutorial game before using them in a real game…ALWAYS BACK UP THE FILE!|
*\League of Legends\Config\input.iniSome people have trouble changing the keybindings through the in-game interface. Editing this file is an alternate way of changing your keybindings. In particular, the game UI forbids assigning Shift modified key-bindings to the basic champion abilities, so editing the file is the only way to achieve this. If the file does not exist it means that you have not changed your keybindings yet. If so, you can make a new file in the aforementioned folder and name it “input.ini", although it is recommended that you go into a practice game and modify some keybinds instead so you can be sure you’re editing the correct file. Another thing to note is that it’s wise to test your keychanges in a tutorial game and if it does not work, go to the in-game menu for keybindings and press the “reset to default" button, or end the tutorial game and delete the “input.ini" file. Below is a list of the items that can be changed. Be aware that the header shown in bold MUST be present. Also, it is not necessary to include all items, just the ones you want to change. So for example if you want to switch around the smartcast and normal cast keybindings, you just use the evtCastSpell1 through evtCastAvatarSpell2 section and the evtSmartCastSpell1 through theevtSmartCastAvatarSpell2 section. Any items not explicitly mentioned use the default values listed above.
[GameEvents] evtCastSpell1=[q] evtCastSpell2=[w] evtCastSpell3=[e] evtCastSpell4=[r] evtCastAvatarSpell1=[d] evtCastAvatarSpell2=[f] evtLevelSpell1=[Ctrl][q] evtLevelSpell2=[Ctrl][w] evtLevelSpell3=[Ctrl][e] evtLevelSpell4=[Ctrl][r] evtSelfCastSpell1=[Alt][q] evtSelfCastSpell2=[Alt][w] evtSelfCastSpell3=[Alt][e] evtSelfCastSpell4=[Alt][r] evtSelfCastAvatarSpell1=[Alt][d] evtSelfCastAvatarSpell2=[Alt][f] evtSmartCastSpell1=[Shift][q] evtSmartCastSpell2=[Shift][w] evtSmartCastSpell3=[Shift][e] evtSmartCastSpell4=[Shift][r] evtSmartCastAvatarSpell1=[Shift][d] evtSmartCastAvatarSpell2=[Shift][f] evtUseItem1= evtUseItem2= evtUseItem3= evtUseItem4= evtUseItem5= evtUseItem6= evtUseItem7= evtSmartCastItem1=[Shift] evtSmartCastItem2=[Shift] evtSmartCastItem3=[Shift] evtSmartCastItem4=[Shift] evtSmartCastItem5=[Shift] evtSmartCastItem6=[Shift] evtShowCharacterMenu=[c] evtShowScoreBoard=[o] evtOpenShop=[p] evtShowConsole = [Return],[NumEnter] evtShowAllConsole = [Shift] [Return], [Shift] [NumEnter] evtChatHistory=[z] evtCameraLockToggle=[y] evtCameraSnap=[Space] evtSelectSelf=[F1] evtSelectAlly1=[F2] evtSelectAlly2=[F3] evtSelectAlly3=[F4] evtSelectAlly4=[F5] evntPlayerPingCursor=[g] evntPlayerPing=[alt][Button 1] evntPlayerPingCursorDanger=[v] evntPlayerPingDanger=[ctrl][Button 1] evtPlayerAttackMoveClick=[Shift] [Button 2] evtPlayerAttackMove=[a],[x] evtPlayerHoldPosition=[h] evtPlayerStopPosition=[s] evtPetMoveClick = [Alt] [Button 2] evtPetReturn = [Alt] [Button 1] evtPlayerMoveClick=[Button 2] evtOnUIMouse4Pan=[Button 3] evtEmoteJoke=[Ctrl]  evtEmoteTaunt=[Ctrl]  evtEmoteDance=[Ctrl]  evtEmoteLaugh=[Ctrl]  evtShowHealthBars=[Shift] [l] evtToggleMinionHealthBars=[Ctrl] [l] evtShowSummonerNames=[Shift] [k] evtDrawHud=[F5] evtScrollUp=[Up Arrow] evtScrollDown=[Down Arrow] evtScrollLeft=[Left Arrow] evtScrollRight=[Right Arrow]
[MouseSettings] PointerSpeed = 2 RollerButtonSpeed = 1 [HUDEvents] evtToggleFPSAndLatency=[Ctrl] [f]
[GameEvents] evtSmartCastSpell1 = [q] evtSmartCastSpell2 = [w] evtSmartCastSpell3 = [e] evtSmartCastSpell4 = [r] evtSmartCastAvatarSpell1 = [d] evtSmartCastAvatarSpell2 = [f] evtSmartCastItem1= evtSmartCastItem2= evtSmartCastItem3= evtSmartCastItem4= evtSmartCastItem5= evtSmartCastItem6= evtCastSpell4 = [Shift][r] evtCastSpell3 = [Shift][e] evtCastSpell2 = [Shift][w] evtCastSpell1 = [Shift][q] evtCastAvatarSpell1 = [Shift][d] evtCastAvatarSpell2 = [Shift][f] evtUseItem1 = [Shift] evtUseItem2 = [Shift] evtUseItem3 =[Shift] evtUseItem4 = [Shift] evtUseItem5 = [Shift] evtUseItem6 = [Shift]
[GameEvents] evtSmartPlusSelfCastSpell4 = [r] evtSmartPlusSelfCastSpell3 = [e] evtSmartPlusSelfCastSpell2 = [w] evtSmartPlusSelfCastSpell1 = [q] evtSmartPlusSelfCastAvatarSpell1 = [d] evtSmartPlusSelfCastAvatarSpell2 = [f] evtCastSpell4 = [r][Shift] evtCastSpell3 = [e][Shift] evtCastSpell2 = [w][Shift] evtCastSpell1 = [q][Shift] evtCastAvatarSpell1 = [d][Shift] evtCastAvatarSpell2 = [f][Shift]
Switching primary and secondary mouse buttonsLoL does not support the setting within operating systems that switch primary and secondary buttons, nor does it allow the changing of these within the in-game client. To switch these buttons you must use the following input.ini (which includes settings omitted from the previous example).
[GameEvents] evtPlayerSelectClick = [Button 2] evtPlayerMoveClick = [Button 1] evtPlayerAttackMoveClick = [Shift] [Button 1] evtPetMoveClick = [Alt] [Button 1] evtPetReturn = [Alt] [Button 2] [HUDEvents] evtOnUIMouse1 = [Button 2] evtOnUIMouse2 = [Button 1] evtOnUIMouse3 = [Button 3] evntHudMoveableSelect = [Button 2] evtOrbitCamera = [Ctrl][Button 2]
- Default hotkeys for joke, taunt, dance, and laugh have been changed.
- Joke changed to Ctrl+1 from Shift+1.
- Taunt changed to Ctrl+2 from Shift+2.
- Dance changed to Ctrl+3 from Shift+3.
- Laugh changed to Ctrl+4 from Shift+4.
- Minion health bar toggle is now bound to Ctrl+L by default, instead of L.
- Fixed a bug where Ctrl+F didn’t display a Ping/FPS overlay.
- Fixed a bug in which the Show/Hide HUD keybinding would always be F5, despite the selection in the options menu.
- Added a new ping functionality： you can now ping to signal your teammates to fall back.
- Added new keybindings for “Self+Smart cast" for abilities and Summoner Spells. Casting with these binds will first try to smart cast the ability; if there is no target or an invalid target under the cursor, it will attempt to self-cast the ability.
- Added two ignore options： “/ignore ally" for ignoring the allied team, and “/ignore enemy" for ignoring the enemy team.
- Smart cast now defaults to Shift and self cast now defaults to Alt. These can be changed in the keybinding menu.
- Mouse wheel scrolling on the minimap is now disabled by default.
- Right-clicking an allied portrait will no longer move you in the direction of your ally.
- Ignoring or muting a user will now also ignore their minimap pings.
- The HUD can now be hidden using Alt+[-].
- Responding using the “/r" function will now correctly respond to the most recent person that whispered you.
- The mouse wheel can now be used to scroll up and down in the shop.
- The level up spell hotkey has been changed to holding down Ctrl while pressing the spell hotkey (Q, W, E, R). It is no longer Alt. This can be changed in the keybinding menu.
- Holding down Alt and pressing a spell hotkey will now cast the spell on yourself if it is self-castable, or cast the spell under your mouse cursor if applicable. This is referred to as “Smart Casting" and can be rebound in the keybinding menu.
- F1-F5 keys can now be used to cast spells on yourself or your allies. Click the spell, then use one of the F1 (self) through F5 buttons (allies).
- F1-F5 keys can now be clicked or held down to center the camera on yourself or allies.
- Pressing Esc should now deselect a controlled pet.
- “/help" can now also be accessed with “/?".
- “/surrender" can now also be accessed with “/ff".
- “/nosurrender" can now also be accessed with “/noff".
- “/w" can now also be accessed with “/msg".
- Fixed an issue that was causing “/r" to incorrectly remember the last person who whispered you.
- Minion health bar toggle is now bound to Ctrl+L by default instead of L.
- Added new keybindings for “Self+Smart Cast" for abilities and Summoner spells. Casting with these binds will first try to Smart-Cast the ability; if there is no target or an invalid target under the cursor, it will attempt to Self-Cast the ability.
- Added chat commands：
- “/r" replies to the last person who whispered you.
- “/mute <player>" will block all in-game chat from that player.
- Added “stop command" and bound it to V.
- Holding down H works like the stop command until the key is released.
- Added “Chat history toggle" and bound it to Z.
- Holding down the tilde key (~) will now allow you to select only champions.
- Added Alt+Enter command for full screen/windowed mode toggling.
- Scoreboard can now be activated by holding down the Tab key.
- Shop can now be toggled with P.
- Holding down the Spacebar will now lock your camera to your champion until you release it.
- Removed the “click to upgrade" button for ability level-ups.
- You can now level up skills using Alt+Q, Alt+W, Alt+E, and Alt+R.
- Added “Minion health bar toggle" and bound it to L.
- All health bars toggle now bound to Shift+L.
- Esc now closes the chat box and erases any text in it.
- Pressing Esc now works to close all menus.
- Health bar toggle is now bound to L instead of F.
- Added hold position/stop key and bound it to H.
- Added an attack move command and bound it to X.
- Scoreboard toggle now bound to O instead of T.
- Teleport Home is now bound to B and has been added as a button in the HUD.
- Default hotkeys for joke, taunt, dance, and laugh have been changed.